Chiropractic is an excellent means of dealing with workers compensation issues. If there's an injury on the job and you've gone down the traditional medical road to be treated, it may be time to give chiropractic a try. Chiropractors are professionals at dealing with underlying issues that potentially could be missed by medical doctors. Locating the source of your injury could be the difference between fixing an issue and living with something for a long period of time.
If you’re injured on the job in or around Kailua Kona, HI, Dr. Tod Ichishita at Big Island Chiropractic offers natural and effective work injury treatments to help you recover more quickly and fully.
Chiropractic Care for Work Injuries
Millions of people suffer from workplace injuries every single year. While – thankfully – not all of them are fatal, they can still greatly impact both your professional and personal life. They can prevent you from being able to make a living, make regular daily tasks a tremendous challenge, and interfere with family time. You can reduce and even eliminate the impact of such injuries with the help of chiropractic work injury treatments. Dr. Ichishita at Big Island Chiropractic in Kailua Kona, HI, shares how below.
The Truth About Work Injuries
When you think of work injuries, you might think of severe incidents, such as something falling on top of you or you slipping on a hard floor. These are certainly frequent incidents, but the most common work injuries are those that develop over time. For example:
- Typing can lead to overuse injuries in the wrists.
- Repetitive lifting, twisting, and turning cause repetitive stress injuries, misalignment, herniated discs, and more.
These are just a few examples, but it’s easy to see from them how anyone could sustain a work injury.
Common Chiropractic Work Injury Treatments
Chiropractors treat workplace injuries on a very personalized basis. This means that the first step is to locate where the root of the injury lies and determine the best way to address it. While treatment will vary among patients, some common techniques used include those below.
- Adjustments: Adjustments are essential for restoring alignment to the spine, which helps relieve tension, release compressed nerves, relieve pressure on the discs, and more.
- Myofascial release: Many workplace injuries occur in the fascia – the connective tissue that covers your muscles. Myofascial release is a technique utilized to relieve tightness in this tissue.
- Therapeutic exercises: Targeted movements can help enhance your recovery by relieving tension, improving blood flow, and restoring range of motion. They can also help prevent future injuries by strengthening weakened areas.
- Lifestyle guidance: Nutrition recommendations, exercise guidance, and other tips are provided to further enhance your health and healing. They also help you build better habits at work to prevent future injuries.
Ready to experience the power of chiropractic work injury treatments in Kailua Kona, HI? Call (808) 327-9845 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ichishita at Big Island Chiropractic today.